Removal & Installation
The ignition key must be in the key lock cylinder for cylinder removal. The key cylinder must be removed first before removing ignition switch.
- Remove the key lock cylinder.
- Remove the lower steering column cover screws and remove the cover.
- Remove the ignition switch mounting screw. Use a tamper proof Torx® bit to remove the screw.
- Using a small screwdriver, push on locking tab and remove the switch from the steering column.
- Disconnect the two electrical connectors at rear of the ignition switch.
- The ignition key must be in the key cylinder for cylinder removal. The key cylinder must be removed first before removing ignition switch.
- Before installing the ignition switch, rotate the slot in the switch to the ON position.
- Connect the two electrical connectors to the rear of the ignition switch. Make sure that the locking tabs are fully seated into the wiring connectors.
- Position the switch to the column and install the tamper proof screw. Tighten screw to 26 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
- Install the steering column lower shroud.
The electrical ignition switch attaches to the rear of the key lock cylinder housing. The SKREEM unit also attaches to the key lock cylinder housing.
- Disconnect negative cable from battery.
- Use a plastic trim removal stick to remove switch bezel . Bezel snaps on.
- Remove silencer pad (two screws).
- Remove knee blocker .
- Remove two key cylinder housing Torx® screws .
- Use a plastic trim removal stick to remove I.P. cluster bezel . Bezel snaps on.
- Remove one key cylinder housing Torx® screw .
- To prevent binding or kinking cable, carefully lower the key/cylinder/switch/cable/SKREEM assembly . Disconnect two electrical connectors (one at ignition switch and one at SKREEM). To release cable from switch, simultaneously press on tab while-
- ....pressing on tab.
- Remove SKREEM unit from switch housing by removing screw .
- Remove ignition switch from switch housing by removing screw and then proceeding to the next step.
- Continue to remove ignition switch by simultaneously pressing on two release tabs using two small screwdrivers , while pulling ignition switch from housing .
- To remove key lock cylinder from housing , rotate key to ON position while pressing on release tab .
- Remove key lock cylinder from housing .
- Install ignition key into lock cylinder. Rotate key to ON position (retaining tab on side of lock cylinder can now be depressed).
- The shaft at end of key lock cylinder aligns with socket within end of housing. To align socket with lock cylinder, ensure socket is in ON position.
- Position and align key lock cylinder with grooves in housing.
- Slide lock cylinder into housing until release tab sticks through opening at side of housing.
- Install ignition switch to switch housing until it snaps into the two tabs. Install and tighten screw .
- Install SKREEM unit to switch housing and install screw .
- Position cable into assembly until tab engages.
- Install one key cylinder housing Torx® screw . Do not tighten (finger tight only).
- Install two key cylinder housing Torx® screws . Now tighten all three housing mounting screws.
- Install knee blocker.
- Install silencer pad.
- Install both bezel. Snaps on.
- Connect negative battery cable.