Removal & Installation
- Raise vehicle at body rails.
- Remove the wheel and tire assemblies.
- Support axle with hydraulic jack to relieve axle weight.
- Disconnect the stabilizer bar link from the spring bracket stud.
- Remove nuts, U-bolts and spring bracket from axle.
- Remove nut and bolt attaching spring front eye to shackle.
- Remove nut and bolt from spring rear eye.
- Remove spring from vehicle.
- Position the spring front eye in the bracket. Loosely install the attaching bolt and nut. Do not tighten at this time.
- Position the rear eye in the shackle bracket. Loosely install the attaching bolt and nut. Do not tighten at this time.
- Position the axle. Install the spring bracket, U-bolts and nuts. Tighten the nuts to 52 ft. lbs. (70 Nm)
- Connect the stabilizer bar link to the spring bracket.
- Remove the hydraulic jack.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Tighten the spring front eye attaching bolts to 115 ft. lbs. (156 Nm)
- Tighten the spring rear eye attaching bolts to 80 ft. lbs. (108 Nm)
- Tighten the stabilizer bar link to 55 ft. lbs. (74 Nm)