Tie Rod Ends
- Remove the cotter pins and nuts at the tie rod ball studs and drag link.
- Loosen the ball studs with a puller tool to remove the tie rod.
- Loosen clamp bolts and unthread the tie rod end from the tube.
- Thread the tie rod end into the tube and position the clamp to it's original position. Tighten the clamp bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Install the tie rod on the drag link and steering knuckle. Install the retaining nuts.
- Tighten the ball stud nut on the steering knuckle to 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm). Tighten the ball stud nut to drag link to 55 ft. lbs. (74 Nm). Install new cotter pins.
- Loosen the jam nut .
- Remove the outer tie rod end nut from the ball stud.
- Separate the outer tie rod end from the knuckle with Remover 8677 .
- Unthread the outer tie rod end from the inner tie rod . Count the number of turns when removing the tie rod end, This will give a good starting point when reassembling and toe adjustment.
- Thread the outer tie rod end onto the inner tie rod , to it-s original position.
- Install the outer tie rod end into the steering knuckle Tighten to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm).
- Set wheel toe pattern.
- Tighten jam nut to 60 ft. lbs. (81 Nm).