- Disable and remove the drivers side airbag.
- Disconnect all the electrical connectors.
- Partially remove the steering wheel bolt and leave the bolt in the column.
Install puller or equivalent using the top of the bolt to push on.
NOTEEnsure the bolts are threaded firmly into the steering wheel.
- Remove the steering wheel.
Install steering wheel to the column
NOTEDo not reuse the old steering wheel bolt - a new bolt must be used each time the steering wheel is removed.
NOTEBe certain that the steering wheel mounting bolt is tightened to the proper torque specification to ensure proper clockspring operation.
- Install the new steering wheel bolt . Tighten the bolt to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
- Reconnect all the electrical connectors.
- Install the drivers side air bag.