- Loosen assemble throttle position switch to the injection pump with the throttle lever in the closed position.
- Attach an ohmmeter across the IGN (pink) and EGR (yellow) terminals or wires.
- Insert the proper "switch-closed" gage block between the gage boss on the injection pump and the wide open stop screw on the throttle shaft.
- Rotate and hold the throttle lever against the gage block.
- Rotate the throttle switch clockwise (facing throttle switch) until continuity just occurs (high meter reading) across the IGN and EGR terminals or wires. Hold the switch body in this position and tighten the mounting screws.
The switch point must only be set while rotating the switch body in the clockwise direction.
- Release the throttle lever and allow it to return to the idle position. Remove the "switch-closed" gage bar and insert a "switch-open" gage bar.
- Rotate the throttle lever against the "switch-open" gage bar. There should be no continuity across the IGN and EGR terminals or wires.
- If no continuity exists, the switch is set properly. If there is continuity, the switch must be reset by repeating the entire procedure again.
- Remove the gage bar and the ohmmeter.