An underfloor catalytic converter is used to control exhaust emissions. Control is accomplished by placing a catalyst in the exhaust system in such a way as to enable all exhaust gas flow from the engine to pass through it and undergo a chemical reaction before passing into the atmosphere.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the truck.
- Remove the clamps at the front and rear of the converter.
- Cut the converter pipes at the front and rear of the converter and remove it.
- Remove the support from the transmission.
- Remove the converter pipe-to-exhaust pipe and the converter pipe-to-tailpipe.
- Install the exhaust pipe and tailpipe into the converter with sealer.
- Loosely install the support of the transmission.
- Install new U-bolts and clamps, check all clearances and tighten the clamps.
- Lower the truck.