REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative (battery) cable and then the positive cable terminal. Special pullers are available to remove clamp-type battery terminals.
To avoid sparks, always disconnect the battery ground cable first, and connect it last.
- Remove the hold-down clamp.
- Remove the battery, being careful not to spill the acid.
Spilled acid can be neutralized with a baking soda/water solution. If you somehow get acid into your eyes, flush with lots of water and visit a doctor.
- Clean the cable terminals of any corrosion using a wire brush.
- Install the battery. Replace the hold-down clamp.
- Connect the positive and then the negative cable terminal. Do not hammer them in place. The terminals should be coated lightly (externally) with grease or petroleum jelly to prevent corrosion.