REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
With Cover Removed
- After removing the cover, pry the oil seal out of the front of the cover with a large screwdriver.
- Install a new lip seal with the lip (open side of seal) inside and drive or press the seal into place.
- Refer to the procedure for removing the timing gear cover and remove the damper.
- Carefully pry the seal out of the cover with a large screwdriver.
- Drive the new seal in as illustrated, using a seal driver of the correct diameter between the mallet and the seal.