REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
An assistant is necessary to perform this job.
- Open the hood, then matchmark the outline of the hinges on the body.
- If necessary, disconnect the windshield washer hose from the hood.
- While an assistant holds the hood, remove the hinge-to-body bolts and lift the hood off.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Make sure to align the outlines made during removal.
- Check that the hood closes properly. If necessary, adjust hood alignment.
- Hood alignment can be adjusted front-to-rear or side-to-side by loosening the hood-to-hinge or hinge-to-body bolts.
- The front edge of the hood can be adjusted for closing height by adding or deleting shims under the hinges.
- The rear edge of the hood can be adjusted for closing height by raising or lowering the hood bumpers.