REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Open and support the tailgate.
- Remove the bolts securing hinge to body on each side.
- Disconnect the wiring harness if so equipped.
- Disconnect the torque rod anchor plates on each side.
It is necessary to remove the lower bolt only, then let the plate swing down.
- With an assistant, raise the tailgate part way, then disconnect the support cables from the tailgate.
- Remove the tailgate by pulling the disconnected hinge from the body, then grasping the torque rod with one hand and pulling the torque rod over the gravel deflector and lift off the tailgate.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.