REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the lock cylinder by positioning the switch in "ACC" position and inserting a thin piece of wire in the small hole in the cylinder face. Push in on the wire and turn the key counterclockwise until the lock cylinder can be removed.
- Remove the metal ignition switch nut.
- Remove the ignition switch from under the dash and remove the wiring connector.
- To remove the "theft-resistant" connector, the switch must be removed from under the dash. Use a small screwdriver, unsnap the locking tangs on the connector, and unplug the connector.
- Snap the connector into place on a new switch.
- Install the switch in the dash and install the metal ignition switch nut.
- Install the lock cylinder.
- Connect the battery cable.
- Test the operation of the switch.
See Section 8 for the column mounted ignition switch removal and installation.