REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The channel between the door window glass and door vent is removed as part of the vent assembly.
- Regulate the door window glass to the full down position.
- Remove the clip from the window regulator handle, and knob from the lock rod.
- Remove arm rest screws and trim panel.
- Remove the screws attaching the ventilator lower assembly to the door panel.
- Remove the three screws at the upper front of the door frame.
- Pull upper portion of the vent assembly rearward and raise upward while rotating counter clockwise.
- Turn vent assembly 90° and carefully remove by guiding it up and out.
- Lower the ventilator assembly into the door frame.
- Make sure the rubber lip is positioned inside the inner and outer panel before tightening the screws.
- Reinstall all screws and tighten.
- Install and tighten the three screws at the upper front of the door.
- Using an oil can, squirt Prepsol® or an equivalent on the glass filler all around the glass channel or frame to soften the old seal. When the seal is softened, remove the glass from the channel.
- Thoroughly clean the inside of the glass channel with sandpaper, removing all rust etc.
- Using new glass channel filler, cut the piece to be installed two inches longer than necessary for the channel.
- Place this piece of filler (sandstoned side of filler away from glass) evenly over the edge of the glass which will fit in the channel. The extra filler extending beyond the rear edge of the glass should be pinched together to hold it in place during glass installation.
- Brush the inside of the channel with ordinary engine oil. This will enable the glass and filler to slide freely into the channel.
- Push the glass with the filler around it into the channel until it is firmly seated.
- After the glass is firmly in place, the oil softens the filler, causing it to swell, thereby making a water tight seal.
- Trim of all excess filler material around the channel. Allow full cure before testing.
Glass should be installed so that the rear edge is parallel to the division post.
- Adjust the ventilator by placing a wrench on the adjusting nut through the access hole and turning vent window to the desired tension.
- After making adjustment bend tabs over the hex nut on the base of the assembly.
- Install arm rest screws and trim panel.
- Install window regulator handle.