REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the headlight bezel by releasing the attaching screws.
- Remove the spring from the retaining ring and turn the unit to disengage it from the headlamp adjusting screws.
- Disconnect the wiring harness connector.
Do not disturb the adjusting screws.
- Remove the retaining ring and the headlamp from the mounting ring.
- Position the new sealed beam unit in the mounting ring and install the retaining ring.
The number which is moulded into the lens must be at the top.
- Attach the wiring connector.
- Install the headlamp assembly, twisting it slightly to engage the adjusting screws.
- Install the retaining ring spring and check the operation of the unit. Install the bezel.
The headlights must be properly aimed to provide the best, safest road illumination. The lights should be checked for proper aim, and adjusted if necessary, after installing a new sealed beam unit or if the front end sheet metal has been replaced. Certain state and local authorities have requirements for headlight aiming and you should check these before adjusting.
The truck's fuel tank should be about half full when adjusting the headlights. Tires should be properly inflated, and if a heavy load is carried in the pick-up bed, it should remain there.
Horizontal and vertical aiming of each sealed beam unit is provided by two adjusting screws, which move the mounting ring in the body against the tension of the coil spring. There is no adjustment for focus; this is done during headlight manufacturing.