REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Springs, particularly coil springs, are under considerable tension. Be very careful when removing and installing them; they can exert enough force to cause very serious injuries.
- Jack up the vehicle, supported at the frame. Position another jack under the control arm.
- Remove the lower shock absorber bolt from its mounting on the lower control arm.
- Remove the upper and lower clamps from the spring by releasing the lower bolt from the underside of the control arm and the upper bolt from inside the spring.
Insert a safety chain through the spring and lower control arm.
- Lower the jack under the control arm slowly until there is sufficient room to remove the spring.
- Place the spring clamp so that the end of the spring is within the area of the notch so that it will seat on the spring end without any hang-up. It will also align with the bolt hole in the control arm.
- Position the clamp bolt with the washer up through the hole in the control arm and install the nut.
- Place the upper clamp inside the spring and install the bolt and washer.
- Raise the control arm and attach the shock absorber.