New Process 203
The full time four wheel drive transfer case is the only one on which linkage adjustment is necessary or possible.
- Place the selector lever in the cab in the Neutral position.
- Detach the adjustable rod ends from the transfer case levers.
- Align the gauge holes in levers A and B with the gauge hole in the shifter assembly and insert a 11 / 64 (.172) in. drill bit. This will position levers A and B in Neutral.
- Position arms F and G in the straight down (six o'clock) position.
- Loosely assemble the swivel (E), the locknuts (D) and the rod (C), and rotate the swivel until the ends of rod (C) will simultaneously enter lever B and arm F.
- Lock the assembly in place with the retainers (K).
- Tighten the locknuts (D) against the swivel (E). Be careful not to change the position of the arm (F) while you are tightening the nuts.
- Repeat Steps 5, 6 and 7 for rod H to lever A and arm G.
- Remove the drill bit.
- Put transfer case lever in 4HI detent.
- Push lower shifter lever forward to 4HI stop.
- Install rod swivel in shift lever hole.
- Hang .200 thick gauge cover rod behind swivel.
- Run rear rod nut against gauge with shifter against 4HI stop.
- Remove gauge and push swivel rearward against nut.
- Run front rod nut against swivel and tighten.