- Place the shift lever in the Neutral position of the detent plate.
- Disconnect the rod from the lower end of the shift lever. Place the transmission lever in the Neutral position. Do this by moving the lever clockwise to the maximum detent (Park), then moving the lever clockwise two (2) detent positions (Neutral).
- Adjust the rod until the hole in the rod aligns with the pin on the lower end of the shift lever. Install the rod on the pin and secure it by adding the washer and spring clip.
- Position the Shifter Assembly (A) in the NEUTRAL notch of Detent Plate (H).
- With Link (B) loosely assembled to Rod (F) and Rod (F) attached to Lever (G), put Lever (G) into the NEUTRAL position. Obtain NEUTRAL position by moving Lever (G) clockwise to maximum detent position (PARK), then counterclockwise two detents to NEUTRAL. Maintaining Lever (G) in the NEUTRAL position, adjust Link (B) until the hole in Link (B) aligns with the Shifter Asm Pin (C); install Link (B) onto the Pin (C).
- Add the washer (D) and insert the clip (E).