REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the air cleaner.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the check valve.
- Remove the master cylinder/booster brace rod.
- Remove the remaining master cylinder to booster nut. Pull forward on the master cylinder until it clears the booster mounting studs. Carefully move the master cylinder aside (brake lines attached). Support the master cylinder to avoid stress on the brake lines.
Move the master cylinder only enough to allow room for removal of the booster.
- Remove the nuts securing the booster to the dash.
- Remove the pushrod to pedal retainer and slip the pushrod off the pedal pin. Remove the booster assembly.
- Place the booster into position and attach the pushrod to the pedal pin and install the retainer.
- Secure the booster to the dash and tighten the retaining nuts to 13 ft. lbs.
- Attach the master cylinder to the booster and tighten to 20 ft. lbs. Don't forget the booster brace rod.
- Use a new check valve and grommet and connect the vacuum hose to the check valve.
- Install the air cleaner.