REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Air conditioned cars require removal of the rear compressor bracket to gain working room.
- Working from under the car, remove the ignition coil.
- On some later models, it may be necessary to remove the air cleaner assembly and the distributor cap.
- Disconnect the fuel inlet and outlet lines at the pump and plug the inlet line.
- Remove the two pump mounting bolts and lockwashers and remove the fuel pump and gasket.
- Install the fuel pump with a new gasket coated with sealer. Tighten the two mounting bolts.
- Connect the fuel inlet and outlet lines at the pump. Install the ignition coil.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.