REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
A special oil seal alignment tool is required for this procedure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the upper and lower front timing belt covers, crankshaft pulley, idler pulley, timing belt covers, and the crankshaft timing sprocket.
- Remove the three oil pan bolts and the cover attaching bolts.
- Remove the old cover, gasket and the front portion of the oil pan gasket.
- Inspect the crankshaft front oil seal and replace it if necessary.
- Replace the crankcase cover gasket, cut the front portion of the oil pan gasket, and apply RTV sealer or its equivalent to the cut-off portion of the oil pan gasket.
- Using the special oil seal alignment tool, install the front cover. Torque the cover bolts to 75-110 in. lbs.
- Install the crankshaft timing sprocket, timing belt, idler and crankshaft pulleys. Adjust timing belt tension using all parts of Step 19 in Timing Belt and Sprockets Removal and Installation. Install the upper and lower front timing belt covers.
- Connect the negative battery cable.