REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fresh air hose.
- Remove the PCV Valve and move aside.
- Move the wire harness from the retainers.
- Drain the coolant.
When draining the coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by the ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.
- Remove the heater hose at the left-hand insulator.
- Disconnect the wire at the defogger relay, if so equipped.
- Remove the rocker arm cover nuts and remove the cover.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Refill the cooling system and torque the cover nuts to 7 ft. lbs.