REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
A special valve spring compressor is necessary for this procedure. Also prelubricate new rocker arms with Molykote or its equivalent.
- Remove the camshaft cover.
- Using the special valve spring compressor, compress the valve springs and remove the rocker arms. Keep the rocker arms and guides in order so that they can be installed in their original locations.
- To install the rocker arms, compress the valve springs and install the rocker arm guides.
- Position the rocker arms in the guides and on the valve lash adjusters.
- Install the camshaft cover.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the cylinder head cover.
- Remove the rocker arm shaft bracket bolts and nuts in sequence. Loosen them in this order: 6-1-2-5-4-3. Remove the rocker arm shaft bracket and the rocker arm assembly.
- Remove the rocker arms.
- Apply a generous amount of clean engine oil to the rocker arm shaft, rocker arms and the valve stem end caps.
- Install the rocker arm shaft assembly and then tighten the bolts to 20 ft. lbs. in the sequence given in Step 3.
- Adjust the valves as previously detailed and reinstall the cylinder head cover.