REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Open the rear compartment lid to the full open position.
- On models equipped with a rear window defogger, disconnect the wires from the terminals.
- Place a protective covering between the outer ends of the lid and the roof panel.
The following steps must be performed while a helper supports the lid in the fully opened position.
- Remove the lid side retaining clip from the gas support assembly and detach the support assembly from the lid side attaching ball.
- With a helper holding the lid, use a 5mm diameter rod to remove the hinge pins from the hinges. Place the end of the rod against the pointed end of the hinge pin; then strike the end of the rod firmly to shear the retaining ring tabs and drive the pin through the hinge. Repeat the operation on the opposite side hinge and remove the lid from the body.
- To install the lid, reverse the removal procedure. Prior to installing the hinge pins, install new retaining rings in the notches provided in pins. Position the retaining ring so that the tabs point toward the head of the pin.