REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Hold the shock absorber upper stem and remove the nut, upper retainer, and rubber grommet.
- Raise the car.
- Remove the bolt from the lower end of the shock absorber and remove the shock absorber.
- With the lower retainer and rubber grommet in position, extend the shock absorber stem and install the stem through the wheelhouse opening.
- Install and tighten the lower bolt to 35-50 ft. lbs.
- Lower the car.
- Install the upper grommet, retainer, and nut to the shock absorber stem.
- Hold the shock absorber upper stem and tighten the nut to 60-120 in. lbs.
The required torque is produced by running the nut to the unthreaded part of the stud.