REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the car.
- Remove the tire and wheel.
- Support the lower control arm with a floor jack.
- Remove the upper ball joint from the steering knuckle as previously described.
- Remove the upper control arm pivot bolts and remove the upper control arm.
- Install the upper control with its pivot bolts.
The inner pivot bolt must be installed with bolt head toward the front.
- Install the pivot bolt nut.
- Position the upper control arm in a horizontal plan and tighten the nut to 43-50 ft. lbs.
The ball joint studs use a special nut which must be discarded whenever loosened and removed. On assembly, use a standard nut to draw the ball joint into position on the knuckle, then remove the standard nut and install a new special nut for final installation.
- Install the ball joint to the upper control arm and to the steering knuckle as previously described. Tighten the ball joint-to-upper control arm attaching bolts to 20 ft. lbs. Tighten the ball stud nut to 29-36 ft. lbs.
- Install the tire and wheel.
- Lower the car.