REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the car and support it safely.
- Disconnect the propeller shaft from the companion flange, then remove from the transmission.
- Place a jackstand under the front of the rear axle carrier housing.
- Disconnect the center support bracket from the underbody.
- Disconnect the extension housing flange from the axle housing and remove it carefully.
It may be necessary to pry the extension housing from the axle housing.
- Position the extension assembly to the axle carrier. Support the front end of the carrier with a jackstand and attach the flange to axle carrier bolts.
- Connect the center support bracket to the underbody.
- Reconnect the propeller shaft. Make sure that the thrust spring is in place.
- Lower the vehicle to the floor.