REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the car.
- Support the rear axle with a hydraulic jack.
- Disconnect both shock absorbers from their lower brackets.
- Disconnect the rear axle extension center support bracket from the underbody. Use caution when disconnecting the extension and safely support it when disconnected.
- Lower the rear axle and remove the springs and spring insulators.
One or both springs can be removed now.
Do not stretch the rear brake hoses when lowering the rear axle.
- Place the insulators on top and on the bottom of the springs and position the springs between the upper and lower seats.
- Raise the rear axle. Connect the rear axle extension center support bracket to the underbody. Tighten the bolts to 37 ft. lbs.
- Connect the shock absorbers to their lower brackets. Tighten the nuts to 33 ft. lbs.
- Remove the hydraulic jack from the axle.
- Lower the car.