REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the car.
- Support the rear axle with a hydraulic jack.
- Disconnect both shock absorbers from their lower brackets.
- Disconnect the rear axle extension center support bracket from the underbody. Use caution when disconnecting the extension and safely support it when disconnected.
- Lower the rear axle and remove the springs and spring insulators.
One or both springs can be removed now.
- Place the insulators on top and on the bottom of the springs and position the springs between the upper and lower seats.
- Raise the rear axle. Connect the rear axle extension center support bracket to the underbody. Tighten the bolts to 37 ft. lbs.
- Connect the shock absorbers to their lower brackets. Tighten the nuts to 33 ft. lbs.
- Remove the hydraulic jack from the axle.
- Lower the car.