REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On models with power steering it is necessary to disconnect and connect the two hydraulic lines.
- Raise the car and support it safely on jackstands.
- Remove the retaining bolts and the shield.
- Remove both tie rod cotter pins and nuts and remove the tie rods.
- Remove the flexible coupling pinch bolt-to-shaft.
- Remove the four bolts at the clamps and remove the rack and pinion steering assembly.
- Position the assembly, install four new bolts into the clamps, and tighten the bolts to 14 ft. lbs.
- Install the flexible coupling pinch bolt-to-shaft.
- Install the tie rods into the steering knuckles. Install the tie rod nuts. If the cotter pin holes do not align, tighten the nut until the cotter pin can be inserted, and install the cotter pins.
- Install the bolts and the shield.
- Lower the car.