REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- On models through 1978, remove the two steering wheel shroud screws at the underside of the steering wheel and remove the shroud. On 1979-88 models, pull up on the horn cap to remove it. Remove the horn ring-to-steering wheel attaching screws and remove the ring.
- Remove the wheel nut retainer and the wheel nut.
- If necessary, unfasten the returning screws, then remove the shaft lock cover and lock.
- Using a steering wheel puller, thread the puller anchor screws into the threaded holes in the steering wheel. With the center bolt of the puller butting against the steering shaft, turn the center bolt clockwise to remove the steering wheel.
The puller centering adapter need not be used.
- Place the turn signal lever in the neutral position and install the steering wheel. Tighten the steering wheel nut to 30 ft. lbs. and install the nut retainer.
- Connect the negative battery cable.