REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The wiper/washer switch is located on the left side of the column under the turn signal switch.
- Remove the steering wheel and turn signal switch as previously described. The ignition switch is mounted on top of the mast jacket near the front of the dash.
- Remove the upper attaching screw on the ignition and dimmer switch; this releases the dimmer switch and actuator rod assembly.
Do not move the ignition switch. If this happens, refer to switch adjustment procedure in Ignition Switch and Dimmer Switch Removal and Installation.
- The wiper/washer switch and pivot assembly now can be removed from the column housing and guide the connector down through the bowl and shroud assembly.
- Place the wiper/washer switch and pivot assembly into the housing and guide the connector down through the bowl and shroud assembly.
- Install the turn signal switch as previously described.
- Fit the pinched end of the dimmer switch actuator rod into the dimmer switch.
- Feed the other end of the rod through the hole in the shroud into the hole in the wiper/washer switch and pivot assembly drive, but do not tighten the attaching screw.
- Depress the dimmer switch slightly to insert a 3 / 32 " drill bit to lock the switch to the body.
- Push the switch up to remove the lash between both the ignition and dimmer switches and the actuator rod.
- Install the wiper/washer switch mounting screw and tighten it to 35 in. lbs.
- Remove the drill and check dimmer switch operation with the actuating lever.