REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The neutral safety/back-up light switch is located at the base of the steering column on vehicles equipped with a column shifter, or at the base of the shifter assembly on vehicles equipped with a floor shifter.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If equipped with a floor shifter, remove the console assembly.
- Detach the switch's electrical connector.
- Unfasten the retaining bolt/screw, then remove the switch from the side of the shifter or base of the steering column, as applicable.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Position the transmission control shifter assembly in the neutral notch in the detent plate.
- Loosen the switch attaching screws.
- Rotate the switch on the shifter assembly to align the service adjustment hole with the carrier tang hole. Insert a 2.34 dia. gauge pin to a depth of 15mm.
- Tighten the attaching screws to the recommended torque of 1.5 ft. lbs.