REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Except 1981-85 4 Cylinder Engines
- Remove the feed and module wire terminal connectors from the distributor cap.
It is a good idea to tag the connectors for proper reconnection.
- Remove the retainer and spark plug wires from the cap.
- Depress and release the 4 distributor cap-to-housing retainers and lift off the cap assembly.
- Remove the 4 coil cover screws and cover.
- Using a finger or a blunt drift, push the spade terminals up out of the distributor cap.
- Remove all 4 coil screws and lift the coil, coil spring and rubber seal washer out of the cap coil cavity.
- Using a new distributor cap, reverse the above procedures to assemble being sure to clean and lubricate the rubber seal washer with dielectric lubricant.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Tag and disconnect the two multi-terminal connectors leading from the distributor cap.
- If necessary, tug and disconnect the spark plug wires.
- Depress and release the two distributor cap retaining latches and lift off the cap.
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal.