REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the forward strut brace for the engine at the radiator. Loosen the bolt to prevent shearing the rubber bushing, then swing the strut rearward.
- Disconnect the headlamp wiring harness from the fan frame. Unplug the fan electrical connector.
- Remove the attaching bolts for the fan.
- Scribe the hood latch location on the radiator support, then remove the latch.
- Disconnect the coolant hoses from the radiator. Remove the coolant recovery tank hose from the radiator neck. Disconnect and plug the automatic transaxle fluid cooler lines from the radiator, if so equipped.
- Remove the radiator attaching bolts and remove the radiator. If the car has air conditioning, it first may be necessary to raise the left side of the radiator so that the radiator neck will clear the compressor.
- Install the radiator in the car, tightening the mounting bolts to 7 ft. lbs. Connect the transaxle cooler lines and hoses. Install the coolant recovery hose.
- Install the hood latch. Tighten to 6 ft. lbs.
- Install the fan, making sure the bottom leg of the frame fits into the rubber grommet at the lower support. Install the fan wires and the headlamp wiring harness. Swing the strut and brace forward, tightening to 11 ft. lbs. Connect the engine ground strap to the strut brace. Install the negative battery cable, fill the cooling system, and check for leaks.