REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the valve (rocker arm) cover.
- Remove the rocker arm nut and ball, or bolt, as applicable.
- Lift the rocker arm off the stud. Always keep the rocker arm assemblies together and install them on the same stud.
- Lubricate the parts with clean engine oil before installation.
- Install the rocker arm, then the ball and nut. On the four cylinder engine, tighten the rocker arm nut to 20 ft. lbs. with the lifter on the base circle of the camshaft: rotate the crankshaft with a wrench on the crankshaft pulley until the rocker arm is all the way down, then tighten the nut. On the V6, adjust the valve lash, as outlined in the following section.
- Clean all the old sealant from the rocker arm cover. Apply a thin ( 3 / 16 in.) bead of RTV sealer to the rocker cover; run the bead to the inside of the bolt holes. Install the rocker cover, and tighten the retaining bolts to 8 ft. lbs. while the sealer is still wet.