REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The four cylinder camshaft gear must be pressed from the camshaft, requiring camshaft removal. See the following section for that procedure.Six Cylinder
- Remove the timing cover, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Place the No. 1 piston at TDC with the marks on the camshaft and crankshaft sprockets aligned as shown.
- Remove the camshaft sprocket bolts and remove the sprocket and chain together. If the sprocket does not slide from the camshaft easily, a light blow with a soft mallet at the lower edge of the sprocket will dislodge it.
- Hold the sprocket vertically with the chain hanging down. Align the marks as shown. Align the dowel in the camshaft with the hole in the sprocket, then install the sprocket and chain.
- Install the camshaft sprocket bolts. Tighten to 15-20 ft. lbs. (20-27 Nm). Lubricate the chain and sprocket with clean engine oil. Install the timing cover.