REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the intake manifold, as outlined in this section.
- Unfasten the pushrod cover bolts, then remove the cover.
- Remove the valve lifters from their bores.
- Thoroughly clean the gasket mating surfaces.
- Position the valve lifters into their bores.
- Place a continuous 3 / 16 in. (5mm) bead of RTV to the pushrod cover.
- Install the cover to the block, then tighten the bolts to 75 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Install the intake manifold, as outlined later in this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.