REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Close the window and tape the glass to the door frame. Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the door panel.
- Remove the bolts retaining the lower sash channel to the regulator sash. On coupe doors, remove the rubber down stop at the bottom of the door.
- Attach the window regulator handle and lower the window regulator to the full down position. Remove the regulator sash.
- While supporting the glass, remove the tape and lower the window to the full down position. Slide the glass forward and remove the guide clip from the window run channel.
- Raise the glass while tilting it forward and remove it from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the service removal procedure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the door panel.
- To rotate the window, loosen the front and rear up-stops, adjust the inner panel cam and the up-stops, then tighten the screws.
- To adjust the window's upper inboard and outboard edge, perform the following steps:
- Position the window in the partially down position.
- Loosen the vertical guide upper support (lower) screws, which are accessible through the inner panel access holes.
- Loosen the pin assembly screws, the rear up-stop screw and the front belt stabilizer screw.
- Adjust the vertical guide upper support and pin assembly (in or out as required, then tighten the screws, adjust and tighten the other components.
When adjusting glass, make sure that it remains inboard of the blow-out clip, when cycled.
- If the window is too far forward or rearward, position the window partially down, loosen the vertical guide (upper and lower) screws, then adjust as required.
- If the window is too high or low in its up position, adjust the front and rear up-travel stops.
- If the window is too high or low in the down position, adjust the down-travel stop.
- If the window binds during the up and down operation, adjust the front and/or rear belt stabilizer pin assemblies.