REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the master cylinder from the booster. It is not necessary to disconnect the lines from the master cylinder. Just move the cylinder aside.
- Disconnect the vacuum booster pushrod from the brake pedal inside the car. It is retained by a bolt. A spring washer lives under the bolt head, and a flat washer goes on the other side of the pushrod eye, next to the pedal arm.
- Remove the four attaching nuts from inside the car. Remove the booster.
- Install the booster on the firewall. Tighten the mounting nuts to 22-33 ft. lbs. (30-45 Nm).
- Connect the pushrod to the brake pedal.
- Install the master cylinder. Mounting torque is 25 ft. lbs. (40 Nm).
This job is not difficult, but requires a number of special tools which are expensive, especially if they're to be used only once. Generally, it's better to leave this job to your dealer, or buy a rebuilt vacuum booster and install it yourself.