REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the car on a hoist. Do not use twin-post hoist. The swing arc of the axle may cause it to slip from the hoist when the bolts are removed. If a suitable hoist is not available, raise and support the car on jackstands, and use a jack under the axle.
- Support the axle with a jack that can be raised and lowered.
- Remove the brake hose attaching brackets (right and left), allowing the hoses to hang freely. Do not disconnect the hoses.
- Remove the track bar attaching bolts from the rear axle.
- Remove both shock absorber lower attaching bolts from the axle.
- Lower the axle. Remove the coil spring and insulator.
- Position the spring and insulator on the axle. The leg on the upper coil of the spring must be parallel to the axle, facing the left-hand side of the car.
- Install the shock absorber bolts. Tighten to 34 ft. lbs. (47 Nm). Install the track bar, tightening to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm). Install the brake line brackets. Tighten to 8 ft. lbs. (11 Nm).