REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The switch is located inside the channel section of the brake pedal support and is completely inaccessible without first lowering the steering column. The switch is actuated by a rod and rack assembly. A gear on the end of the lock cylinder engages the toothed upper end of the rod.
- Lower the steering column; be sure to properly support it.
- Put the switch in the "Off-Unlocked" position. With the cylinder removed, the rod is in "Off-Unlocked" position when it is in the next to the uppermost detent.
- Remove the two switch screws and remove the switch assembly.
- Before installing, place the new switch in "Off-Unlocked" position and make sure the lock cylinder and actuating rod are in "Off-Unlocked" position (second detent from the top).
- Install the activating rod into the switch and assemble the switch on the column. Tighten the mounting screws. Use only the specified screws, since overlength screws could impair the collapsibility of the column.
- Reinstall the steering column.