REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the hoses at the pump and tape the openings shut to prevent contamination. Position the disconnected lines in a raised position to prevent leakage.
- Remove the pump belt.
- On the four cylinder, remove the radiator hose clamp bolt. On the V6, disconnect the negative battery cable, disconnect the electrical connector at the blower motor, drain the cooling system, and remove the heater hose at the water pump.
- Loosen the retaining bolts and any braces, and remove the pump.
- Install the pump on the engine with the retaining bolts hand-tight.
- Connect and tighten the hose fittings.
- Refill the pump with fluid and bleed by turning the pulley counterclockwise (viewed from the front). Stop the bleeding when air bubbles no longer appear.
- Install the pump belt on the pulley and adjust the tension. Bleed the system.
- Replace the four cylinder radiator hose clamp bolt. On the V6, install the heater hose. Install the blower and electrical connector. Refill the cooling system. Connect the negative battery cable.
- Fill the reservoir.
- Let the fluid stand undisturbed for two minutes, then crank the engine for about two seconds. Refill the reservoir if necessary.
- Repeat Steps 1 and 2 until the fluid level remains constant after cranking the engine.
- Raise the front of the car until the wheels are off the ground, then start the engine. Increase the engine speed to about 1,500 rpm.