REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Tie Rod Ends
- Loosen the jam nut on the steering rack (inner tie-rod).
- Remove the tie-rod cotter pin and end nut. Discard the cotter pin. Separate the tie-rod end from the steering knuckle using a puller.
You can matchmark the tie rod end position before unscrewing it for correct installation.
- Unscrew the tie rod end, counting the number of turns.
- Screw the tie-rod end onto the steering rack (inner tie-rod) the same number of turns as counted for removal. This will give approximately correct toe.
- Install the tie-rod end into the knuckle. Install the nut and tighten to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
- Install a new cotter pin.
- Tighten the jam nut to 50 ft. lbs. (70 Nm).