REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure, as outlined earlier in this section. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Detach the fuel injector electrical connector by squeezing the two tabs together and pulling straight up.
Use care in removing to prevent damage to the electrical connector pins on top of the injector, injector fuel filter and nozzle.The fuel injector is only serviced as a complete assembly. Do not immerse it in any type of cleaner.
- Remove the fuel meter cover, as outlined later in this section.
- Using a prytool and fulcrum, carefully pry up on the injector and remove it from the throttle body.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Use Dexron® II transmission fluid to lubricate all O-rings before installation. Install the steel backup washer in the recess of the fuel meter body. Then, install the O-ring directly above the backup washer, pressing the O-ring into the recess.
Do not attempt to reverse this procedure and install the backup washer and O-ring after the injector is located in the cavity. To do so will prevent seating of the O-ring in the recess.