REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The fuel pressure regulator and fuel meter cover are serviced as a complete assembly.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure, as outlined earlier in this section. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Detach the fuel injector electrical connector by squeezing the two tabs together and pulling straight up.
- Remove the screws attaching the fuel meter cover to the fuel meter body. Note the location of the short screws during removal.
Do not immerse the fuel meter cover (with the pressure regulator) in any type of cleaner. Immersion in cleaner will damage the internal fuel pressure regulator diaphragm and gaskets.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.