REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure, as outlined earlier in this section. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Detach the electrical connectors from the idle air control assembly.
- Using a suitable size wrench, remove the idle air control assembly from the throttle body.
Before installing a new idle air control valve, measure the distance that the conical valve is extended. This measurement should be made from the motor housing to the end of the cone. It should be greater than 1.259 in. If the cone is extended too far, damage to the motor may result.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. On cars with manual transaxles, idle speed will be controlled when operating temperature is reached. For automatic transaxle cars, engage the transaxle in Drive after the operating temperature has been reached. This will allow the ECM to control the idle speed.