- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- If removing the front wheel lug stud(s), remove the caliper, rotor and splash shield, as outlined in of this guide.
- If removing the rear wheel lug stud(s), remove the brake drum as outlined in of this guide.
- Install a lug nut on the stud and, using tool J-6627, press the stud from its seat in the hub. Do not damage the wheel mounting surface on the hub flange.
- Remove the nut and pull the stud out of the hub.
- Install a new serrated bolt into the hole in the hub. Rotate the stud slowly to make sure the serrations are aligned with those made by the original bolt.
- Place four flat washers over the outside end of the stud and thread a standard lug nut with the flat side against the washers. Tighten the lug nut until the stud head seats against the back side of the hub.
- Remove the lug nut and washers.
- Install the brake drum, or caliper, rotor and splash shield, as applicable. Refer to for details.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly, then carefully lower the vehicle. Final tighten the lug nuts to 103 ft. lbs. (140 NM).