REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely using jackstands.
- Disengage the sensor electrical connector.
- Remove the nut attaching the link to the upper control arm.
- Remove the bolts attaching the height sensor assembly to rear crossmember.
- Remove the height sensor from the vehicle. To install:
- Position the height sensor to the crossmember, then secure using the attaching bolts.
- Connect the link to the upper control arm and secure using the retaining nut.
- Engage the sensor electrical connector.
- Remove the supports and lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable, then check for proper system operation.
- If necessary, adjust the height sensor.
HEIGHT SENSOR ADJUSTMENT
The attaching link should be securely connected to the height sensor arm when any adjustments are made. For every 1 degree change in arm angle the trim height will change approximately 1 / 4 inch. The arm angle may be changed a total of 5 degrees, resulting in a trim height change of approximately 1 1 / 4 inches.
- Loosen the locknut securing the metal arm to the plastic arm.
- To decrease the amount of suspension travel that is required to turn on the compressor (or raise vehicle height), move the plastic arm towards the top of the slot and tighten the locknut.
- To increase the amount of suspension travel that is required to turn on the compressor (or lower vehicle height), move the plastic arm towards the bottom of the slot and tighten locknut.