REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and drain the engine cooling system.
- As necessary, remove the fan, the upper fan shroud and/or the upper support. On vehicles equipped with a 1-piece shroud, if the fan is not to be removed, the shroud may be unbolted and then repositioned over the cooling fan for access to the radiator.
If the fan is removed on vehicle equipped with a clutch type fan, be sure to keep it in an upright position to prevent the fluid from leaking.
- Disconnect upper and lower hoses.
- Disconnect and plug the automatic transmission fluid cooler lines. All openings should be plugged to prevent system contamination or excessive fluid loss.
- Lift radiator straight up and out of the vehicle.
- Carefully lower the radiator into the vehicle, making sure the lower cradles are properly located.
- Remove the automatic transmission fluid line plugs and reconnect the cooler lines.
- Connect the upper and lower hoses.
- If removed, install the cooling fan, upper fan shroud and/or upper support.
- Connect the negative battery cable and properly refill the engine cooling system.
- Start and run the engine, then check for leaks.
- If equipped, check and add automatic transmission fluid, as necessary.