REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Unscrew the mast from the top of the fender.
- Unscrew the nut and the bezel from the top of the fender.
- On later models it may be necessary to remove a bolt/screw which retains the base of the antenna under the fender. This bolt/screw is accessible under the hood.
- Disconnect the antenna lead from the antenna. On some later models the antenna lead may even plug into another lead under the hood.
- Reach under the fender and remove the antenna base.
- Install the antenna base by reaching under the fender.
- Connect the antenna lead.
- On later models so equipped, install the bolt/screw retaining the base of the antenna under the fender.
- Install and tighten the nut and bezel to the top of the fender.
When installing the antenna to the fender make sure the retaining nut is tight. A loose antenna or one that does not make good contact at the fender can cause radio interference.
- Thread the mast to the top of the fender.
The power antenna relay is usually located under the dash area in the convenience center.
- Lower the antenna by turning the radio and the ignition OFF .
If the mast has failed in the UP position, and the mast or entire assembly is being replaced, the mast may be cut off to facilitate removal.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fender skirt attaching screws except those to the battery tray and radiator support.
On some models there is an access plate which may reduce the number of fender skirt bolts that have to be removed.
- Pull down on the rear edge of the skirt and block with a 2 in. × 4 in. block of wood.
- Remove the motor bracket attaching screws, disengage the motor wiring and antenna lead, then remove the motor.
Be sure the mast is in the fully retracted position before installation. If necessary, the wiring may be temporarily connected in order to retract the mast.
- Position the motor in the vehicle, then attach the antenna lead and motor wiring.
- Install the motor and secure using the attaching screws.
- Remove the block of wood and reposition and secure the fender skirt.
- If equipped, install and secure the access panel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.