REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the instrument panel bezel, retained on most model years with six screws (varies among models and years), or the steering column trim lower trim, as applicable.
- Pull the headlight control knob to the ON position.
The mounting plate on most 1981 and earlier vehicles is for both the windshield wiper switch and light switch. On most 1982 and later vehicles, the windshield wiper control/switch has been relocated to the multi-function lever and the steering column.
- Remove the screws (usually three) attaching the light switch mounting plate to the instrument cluster and pull the assembly rearward.
- Depress the shaft retainer on the switch, then pull the knob and shaft assembly out.
- Remove the ferrule nut and switch assembly from the mounting plate.
- Disengage the electrical connector and remove the switch from the vehicle.
- Position the switch and engage the wiring connector.
- Install the switch assembly to the mounting plate, then install the ferrule nut.
- Install the knob and shaft assembly.
- Install the screws attaching the light switch mounting plate to the instrument cluster.
- Install the instrument panel bezel or steering column lower trim and retaining screws.
- Connect the negative battery cable.