REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the steering column lower cover screw and remove the cover.
- Disconnect the shift indicator cable from the steering column.
- If necessary, remove the screws mounting the steering column to the instrument panel. Carefully lower the steering column onto the front seat. Make sure that the column is adequately supported on the seat.
On vehicles equipped with tilt steering wheel it may be possible to position the wheel in the full down detent in order to remove the cluster assembly from the vehicle.
- Remove the screws (usually 6) and, if applicable, snap-in fasteners (usually 3) from around the edge of the instrument cluster lens.
- If applicable, remove the screws from the sheet metal trim plate
- Remove the nuts (usually 2) from the studs at the lower corner of the cluster.
- Reach up behind the cluster to disengage the speedometer cable and cluster wiring, then remove the cluster by carefully pulling outwards.
- Slide the cluster inwards sufficiently to connect the wiring and speedometer cable to the rear of the cluster.
- Install the mounting nuts on the lower corner of the cluster, then if applicable, install the trim plate and screws.
- Install the lens over the cluster, then install the snap-in fasteners and/or retaining screws around the edge of the cluster.
- If lowered, carefully raise the steering column into position and secure using the mounting bolts.
- Connect the shifter indicator cable at the steering column.
- Install the steering column lower cover and connect the negative battery cable.
- Check that all of the lights and gauges work correctly.